UPDATE: This took me a lot longer to pull together than I expected. My original goal was much higher. So I plan to launch this auction with 40 listings and add another 10 at least before the end of the auction. I will stop listing 36 hours before the end of the auction (7:00 AM on Tuesday) and start collecting for the next. I got a lot more where this came from, my friends. Thanks!
Hi, my name is Greg and I'm excited to be running my first of many, I hope, auctions on this site. It's been just over two years since I decided to get in on the selling side of this game. For the record, this is not my day job where I lead a global team whose responsibility is the release of all of our company's digital products.
I started selling mid-century dinnerware, glassware and pottery art about two years ago on Etsy. You can visit my store at https://www.etsy.com/shop/MostlyMidCenturySF. At the beginning of this year, I opened a physical location and started selling at Antiques Unlimited in San Carlos. I really enjoy selling through both of these channels but they both have limitations on what can be sold as well as what sells well and what doesn't.
And that's where Bay Area Online Auctions comes in. So the items in my auction are all my inventory that I'm selling to you. So to manage expectations what you will be getting from my lots are:
- Items that may or may not have come from estate sales. I acquire things through several different channels, but it is all inventory that I own.
- Items that I may have acquired here. I am going to do my best not to include items that I won here. If I do its only because I forgot.
- Lots may or may not be mostly mid-century, but I think they mostly will.
- Items that may not be in perfect condition. I don't like selling damaged items. If a dinnerware piece has any chips, cracks or crazing, especially crazing, It's gone. I don't sell it. (If you are using any dinnerware that has those grey to black crazing lines in it, go Google what is causing that and you'll want to throw it out.) But sometimes the item is still too valuable or the damage is in an inconspicuous location that there may still be someone out that that might want it. I will always go one step further when I put items of that type in the auction beside just the picture. I understand why auction houses do that, but I want you to make a fully informed decision. There will be some Roseville pieces in this first auction, for example, that fit this category.
- Items that are somewhat curated and of higher quality. I'm not throwing shade at BAOA but they are selling off estates. All of the items in my auction I purchased or purchased the group it was in.
One thing to also make clear is this is not a seller-managed auction run by BAOA. This is my auction run on their platform so any issues that come up, please come to me, not them. If you do, they will tell you just to contact me. My contact information is on here somewhere but because I have a day job, please only call if you have something time urgent to discuss or you haven't gotten a response and even then I don't answer the phone if the name is not known to me. So do please leave a message. Texting (415.734.1706) or email ([email protected]) are your best options for reaching me.
I've kept the auction parameters as similar to BAOA's as possible. I have a higher Buyer's Price which will help to play the platform fee. My pickups will likely be on the peninsula or at the very least south of the GG Bridge. Pickups for now will be at my storage unit in San Carlos. Hopefully this is a more central location that will be more attractive to the southern Bay Area folk.
The one new element that I will be adding is a discount to my Etsy shop for lot winners. They will get 20% off anything in my Etsy shop (https://www.etsy.com/shop/MostlyMidCenturySF) for the first 48 hours after the end of the auction. I will include a coupon code in your winning email. When you come pick up your auction wins, I'll have anything you may have purchased from the Etsy site with me for you to pickup then as well. Yes, you may share that code if you'd like but anything purchased must be picked up when you pick up your auction wins. If you aren't the one completing the purchase on Etsy, please make sure who you are is captured in the notes field so I can make sure the item is there for you when you come to pick up.
I am still working on pulling things together so initially the preview is small but more pictures to come. Enjoy!
18% Buyers Premium (15% with cash payment) and CA Sales Tax added to all invoices. There will be a 40% re-stocking fee on all non-payments. Failure to pick up item(s) on stated pick up days or times will result in your items being forfeited and disposed accordingly. Absolutely no refunds.
San Carlos, Industrial Road
Fri Dec 18, 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM | Sun Dec 20, 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
12/14/2020 7:00 AM
Auctions Begin to End At:
12/16/2020 7:00 PM
Last Auction Ends At:
12/16/2020 7:17 PM